276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Prey Tell: A Brother's Best Friend Romance: 1 (Ravaged Castle)

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

For those who want to become better allies, this book will present several necessary tools. In short, this is an essential read for pastors, churchgoers, business owners, employees, parents, and, frankly, anyone else with a pulse. The quote above represents just one of the gut-punching passages within Prey Tell, written by Tiffany Bluhm. I am very thankful that a book like this exists. Tiffany Bluhm did an excellent job of breaking down the issues that muddy women's voices when they report abuse and harassment. She follows this up with explaining why it's important to support women who report abuse, how to be allies, and how to set up organizational protocols that can prevent and/or mitigate the damage caused by abusers. The entire book is well researched and gives both scholarly and biblical reasoning on how to move forward in this era of #MeToo. (For what it's worth, it's also a #ChurchToo problem.) Prey Tell is undeniably well-researched, but it also comes from personal experience. In the opening chapter, Bluhm recounts the terror of spotting her sexual abuser in public – the person she spent so long trying to avoid entirely – as well as the racially-charged mistreatment she experienced as an adopted child from East India. Authors, if you are a member of the Goodreads Author Program, you can edit information about your own books. Find out how in this guide.

Belinda J. Bauman, author of Brave Souls: Experiencing the Audacious Power of Empathy; cofounder of #SilenceIsNotSpiritualThoroughly researched and easy to read, this book provides a broad overview of where we are as a culture, why women often remain silent in the face of abuse, and what we can do to make lasting change. Bluhm vulnerably gives us snippets of her own story, which add a certain gravitas to her academic style. Tiffany Bluhm's Prey Tell asks readers to dive into why it's so easy to not believe women when they come forward with stories of sexual harassment or assault. She did great research for this book and pulls from many examples from society from the past thirty or so years, but more importantly she focuses on how the church fails in this area. The church has failed many victims and protected men because they are powerful and charismatic. Bluhm not only calls out these instances, but also writes how we can and should do better. In what is at once a gut punch to the silencing of women as well as a call to action for the church to create a more just and equitable world, Bluhm leads the way by doing with this book what we all need to do--break the silence, tell the truth, believe women, protect the survivors, and end sexualized violence against girls and women. By illuminating both how predatory behavior occurs and the systemic forces that keep it from being spoken about or believed, Prey Tell reminds us that the church is not absolved from the legacy of sexualized violence, nor is it exempt from the responsibility of repairing unjust systems. The church is precisely the community that needs to be leading the way toward a future where all women are both safe and free." Prey Tell offers an urgent word to followers of Jesus, challenging the church to believe women and form cultures that protect the vulnerable, advocate for victims, and practice transparency. If you care about the church's culture and witness, buy Prey Tell in bulk."

No one ever complained about this before—are you sure this isn’t just a personal issue or vendetta? Give us facts, not emotions.”

About

As the second youngest Ravage brother, I’ve spent my entire adult life rectifying our tainted family name and keeping my urges behind closed doors.

Prey Tell is a devastating look at how culture, theology, and economics combine to uphold abusers and to silence those who try to speak the truth in our day and age. Tiffany Bluhm lays out all the ways it costs women to speak up, inviting us into the terror of this situation while also asking us to grapple with our own role in enabling this cycle to continue. A must-read--a truly difficult read--for anyone who longs to see justice upheld in our world." Presenting my brother’s best friend with a pros/cons list of why he should take my virginity seemed like a good idea at the time. This book is incredibly well-researched and full of truth, going into greater detail and shedding more light on a number of prominent sexual abuse cases, and the reality of the high cost to women who bravely come forward to speak up and tell their stories to continue to make society safer for all of us. This book is a must-read in contributing to women being free to offer all that we have to give in society to truly flourish and thrive as God created us to. I hope and pray many women will find their voice and courage in reading this book, to be validated in their experiences, and emboldened to speak out and take action against injustice, whether at home, school, church, the workplace, or in any institution or scenario where women are oppressed. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including: Early morning: Some people find that reading in the morning helps them start their day with a positive and productive mindset.If you have experienced abuse of any kind, I caution you to read this book with care. While I believe you will feel seen, heard, and affirmed in what you experienced, it might be hard to read at times because it seems like she is telling your story. This book might also help one realize that what one is going through or went through in relationships or in the work place was not normal or healthy but abusive and toxic. Even if you have never suffered abuse, I believe men and women will find this book disturbing because of the truth that is being shared has long been hidden, denied, ignored, minimized, dismissed, excused, etc. and Bluhm breaks down all of those barriers in this brave book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment