276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Killer Vacation

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We had some good side characters, like her brother. He was a great non-stereotypical gay character ( I hate when authors write a gay character to be extra gay. A guy who knows everything about clothes and nails and uses annoying language.) No, her brother was just a random cool guy who happened to be gay and I respect that. I think Myles might just be the horniest character I’ve ever had the displeasure of encountering in a book, and that’s saying something. Maybe this wouldn’t be an issue if there wasn’t A MURDER TO SOLVE! Get your head in the game dude. The horndog came across as really creepy in my opinion. And Taylor uses racially-coded language when describing Myles, saying he looks like a “criminal” and a “gorilla” on separate instances early in the book. This man meets her, and immediately thinks about her in sexual scenarios, but it's not even that, it's that it's not sexy, and it's supposed to be sexy, since this is a romance novel. None of that happened here, there was no dramatic conflict between the couple, yeah Myles had issues but Taylor fought for him and simultaneously supported him regardless of whether his final decision would've left her heartbroken. taylor is also so crazy protective and sweet, especially to her brother. at first i wasn't sure how I felt about her, but her sunny personalty was the perfect contrast to myles's cloudy disposition 💖

Inspired by Alexis Rose from the comedy hit show “Schitt’s Creek”, It Happened One Summer is a “fish-out-of-water” story following Piper Bellinger, the “It Girl” of Los Angeles who was sent off to a fisherman town called Westport after a party that got little out of hand.

Hi, I’m Sonia!

Dear God, how did I get to a fertility doctor?❞ - WE LOVE AN UNHINGED MAN WHO OVERTHINKS ABOUT THE FUTURE, TRYING TO ADD 2+2 AND SOMEHOW GETTING 800 🙏🏽🙏🏽😭😭 If you want to read the spicy chapters in It Happened One Summer, head to chapters 16, 18, 21 and 26. You can choose to skip those chapters to make this book a close-door romance read. Is There A Book After It Happened One Summer? Should I be turned on by this? Am I rooting for this relationship? Did Tessa Bailey write this because the supposed overall tone of this book is seemingly over-the-top, thus it was done for humour’s sake?

There comes in Myles Sumner, the hot, scary private investigator hired to solve the murder. And it’s at first glance that he falls head over heels for Taylor. i'd immediately call the flop police of this town on him. it also makes sense that he's an ex-cop. (i refuse to elaborate but iykyk) that insta-lust to insta-love journey over five days is wild but what's even more wild is every single myles chapter. usually i'm screaming at the top of my lungs for dual pov. in this case - i would beg the author to get rid of the myles chapters. Our heroine is second-grade teacher Taylor Bassey, who decides to take her brother on a beach vacation to cheer him up after his favorite panda (from the panda sanctuary he works at) dies of old age. Okay, this part I did love, lol.

And it has to be a cliché, or what is even the point? Myles is tall and grumpy, but so sweet on the inside; Taylor is short and cute - so cute -, but she's also smoking hot and she wants a Man. Yes, It Happened One Summer is a spicy book with multiple open-door romance scenes that are extremely steamy. What Is It Happened One Summer Spice Level?

Sign up for a free trial of Audible: Get 30 days of free access to thousands of audiobooks, and one free premium title of your choice. Perfect for listening on the go! This book is filled with the most flawed characters, hence making it the most perfect, angst-filled, and realistic love story. An all-new, spicy murder mystery from Tessa Bailey, New York Times bestselling author of It Happened One Summer . . . I really liked Taylor; she was so funny and corageous and awesome. Plus, she sang Kelly Clarkson in the shower, which brought us closer. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Taylor is a second grade teacher who wants to have a relaxing vacation with her brother in Cape Cod. When they arrive at the rental house the owners dead body is discovered. So much for a relaxing vacation 🙃! Taylor immediately is determined to help solve the mystery. Myles, who is a bounty hunter, is on the case and really does not want Taylor’s help. He acts all grumpy and annoyed with her but cannot seem to stay away from her. Will they be able to solve the murder?I s2g if Jessa Kane actually sat down and tried to write a full-length book - it would be this, this quote literally confirms Misha's theory of JK being TB for me 🤣 ps - idk who told this man he has heartburn, sweetheart I think your heart burned near Taylor because of love, not INDIGESTION put those antacids away!!! 😭 Myles has a dirty mouth and thoughts on him, which is very typical for the types of hero’s Tessa Bailey writes. We like that. but also the way he would simp after her omfghdjfuwjx. since he’s always on the road bounty hunting and she has a stable job along with him not thinking he’s relationship material…he gets these confusing thoughts about a future with her. the way letting go of her hand was like climbing Mt. Everest— why was he so unsettling from the start?? he was stealing her panties on DAY ONE?? and not like oh she left them at his place. he STOLE HER UNDIES and then left his business card.

Taylor is cringy, but Myles is even worse. And together? They're the cringiest couple that has ever dared to cringe. I don't mind it, I do think Tessa Bailey is great at writing erotica, but it's so obvious that it's the plot of the book. Not Taylor and Jude’s little holiday, not the mystery murder… the plot is these two having sex. I've read enough books written by her so far to know that there are only two reasons someone could like her stories: they didn't have their Wattpad phase - and/or they never got behind it - or someone really needs to get laid.He also keeps going on about how she is wife material and wouldn't want to have rough sex. I didn't know wife material means being vanilla? Different people like different things? You don't have to dress the part to enjoy rough sex? I've stopped reading after they started getting too fond of each and the unsexiest dirty talk made an appearence once again, so I can't tell you if it got better after this. Miss Taylor Bassey is a 2nd-grade teacher who decides to take her heartbroken brother (he's a panda caretaker, whose panda just died, #RIPBARTHOLOMEW) on vacation to Cape Cod. Upon arrival, minutes into settling into their rental home, Taylor spies two peepholes in the bathroom which is creepy in itself, but it gets worse when she goes downstairs to find a dead body... which happens to be none other than THE PROPERTY OWNER!!! *dun dun dunnnn* Our little Taylor is a crime podcast enthusiast, having listened to her favorite show for 7 years, she takes it upon herself to do a little investigating as she's not satisfied with the police's suspect. Our lovely hero also proceeds to steal her underwear within the first chapter or two of meeting one another.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment