276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In the Lives of Puppets

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I quite enjoyed the role reversal from Pinocchio, in that a “puppet” (or a robot in this case) is the parent to a human. I'm not the biggest fan of the original story and its many versions, but I think this worked so well as a retelling! In The Lives of Puppets is glorious, a thoroughly entertaining and deeply stirring journey through a world of extraordinary robots. At the beginning of the story, we get to know the hero Victor, a young human living in a secluded home with his adopted father Gio, and two robots, Nurse Ratched and Rambo.

Klune did a wonderful job with the science fiction elements, taking an interesting premise and building it into something fascinating and thought-provoking.The day Vic salvages and repairs an unfamiliar android labelled 'HAP', he learns of a shared dark past between Hap and Gio - a past spent hunting humans. He wasn’t heavy, but he had to be careful, his father’s voice a constant in his head, even if he worried too much. In the acknowledgements page, he seems to express regret about some of the edits the book went through.

This would make a great movie one day, when humanity have learned to accept different and is able to appreciate it. New York Times bestselling author TJ Klune invites you deep into the heart of a peculiar forest and on the extraordinary journey of a family assembled from spare parts.When he got his memory back - that scene - I teared up - it wasn't a great scene, but the wording - the imagery - that feeling of being found - of seeing it through his eyes. Under the Whispering Door was my favorite of the "trilogy" but they all have such similar themes, characters, and romances that three books in, it just gets a little tiring instead of new and exciting. I’ve read three books now by TJ Klune and every one of them has made me laugh, cry, worry, grumble and just FEEL all the things. Two metal hatches on either side of her base opened to reveal a dozen metal tentacles ending in various medical tools should the need to operate arise.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment