276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Renogy 3000W 240V Off-Grid Pure-Sine Wave Inverter & UPS Function 3000 Watt Solar Power Converter 12VDC to 230VAC ETL Listed w/Cables

£122.495£244.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The perfect addition to any off-grid system, whether for a van or a cabin, the Renogy 3000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter acts as a DC to AC converter that allows you to power your household appliances. Unlike modified sine wave inverters, this 3000W inverter is a pure sine wave, capable of producing cleaner, smoother, and more reliable electricity to operate tools, fans, lights, and other electronics without interference. Many off-grid systems require a 12V solar inverter to power everyday electronics and this one includes multiple protections to help things run smoothly and safely. Installation instructions were clear, with appropriate tips and warnings highlighted throughout. Felt like a pretty daunting project at first, but that made it easy. Be sure to research ahead of time, but if you want an off grid system, this worked great for us. I still use it, and sniff it often when its on, but I have a feeling it might not last. I did do another test, where I ran it at 1200W for 11 minutes, then 600W for another 10 minutes, and it smelt like warm electronics, but not too bad, so it might be OK; who knows. I just know that this thing is so heavy. But my builder says it's very well made. He is excited to install it

I queried how that would stop a fan from working properly, and got a vague response about it squashing the internals, which is a complete and utter cop out. For increased efficiency, consider pairing our products with Renogy's lithium batteries available here. Inverters serve as the gateway between the photovoltaic system (your solar panels) and the devices and appliances drawing energy from your system. They turn the DC output collected from your solar panels into alternating current (AC), which is the standard used by all commercial appliances. You will need an inverter to convert DC to AC to power most appliances and devices in your home, from laptop to microwaves. The 2000 and 3000W inverters are big units, and need a LOT of space to mount them suitably, but I’ve had zero issues with both, and don’t expect to have any going forward. In my opinion Renogy is very under-rated, and I expect they’ll do very well in Australia over the coming years. Time will tell.I did my research and decided to add a a second inverter charger (renogy 3000w) just for the ac unit and 2 more batteries (200ah each) today i tested the system and its been 3.5 hours since I turned on the ac unit and everything else inside the van and only 1 bar out of 4 bars on the batteries has gone down.. im super happy with this electrical system and im already planning to get more vans done with the same system.. UPS (AC priority switch) function: Transfers input power between battery supply & AC main within 50mS Remember, at 3000W, you are drawing nearly 250 amps. That’s a heap of power, and when your cables are too small you make heat, and ultimately create a fire risk if you aren’t careful. We had new cables made for both installations as the ones that they come with are questionable It doesn’t come with a fuse

In our scenario this is irrelevant and I couldn’t care less, but if you had one mounted under your bed, or near your head in a camper trailer it would probably be quite annoying. I’ve read of people wiring them up to a temperature sender (so it only comes on when its warm), but from the factory they come on and off a lot. Renogy Inverter Review Installed in time to use on our 2 week road trip. Worked perfectly running everything/charging all our devices, and even would run our dometic penguin ii a/c. Installation was straight forward, but does take time to wire everything together. Replacing the converter with a charger inverter can be an effective way to improve your RV solar system, which can help you save energy and also protect your system from unforeseen spikes in voltage. It is a large unit and very heavy. I did wire a 300A T-Fuse and cutoff switch between the batteries and this unit so I can positively turn it off from inverter mode.Very easy to install in my rv instructions were easy to understand and it runs my fridge 24 7 no problem will be adding in rest of trailer but that's not much compared to a fridge. So I am very happy with this product and highly recommend it. If it's got the Renogy name you know your getting good energy. Lol sorry for the pun I pushed a bit harder, and was told “The technical department indicates that vertical mounting may cause the inverter to malfunction due to gravity affecting the internal components, not just the fan.”

I previously had a cummins Onan generator that was charging my first 2 200ah renogy batteries for the 2000w renogy inverter charger and powering my ac unit (dometic penguin ii). After 3 months using my generator it went up because it was overheating and burnt all the oil on it and almost blew up.. (generator was underneath of the sprinter van but i didn’t know it was too close to the ground) An RV converter converts the AC power into DC that charges your battery system, thus you will be able to have power no need to connect your RV to the electrical grid. However, if you would like to run the daily appliances in your RV, you will also need an inverter that converts the DC power stored in your battery to AC then charing your AC households by the inverter. The benefits of the inverter charger are that it combines the two devices mentioned before and also the automatic transfer relay all in one. The inverter chargers can provide more efficient power, and use less energy to achieve the same level of charge than using multiple devices. Have been away haven't installed yet.Have other Renogy products which l have been very happy with hope this will be the same. Would highly recommend their products. I’m surprised that the Renogy inverter kit doesn’t come with a fuse. You should always run one, and having to buy your own is a bit average when many other kits come with them. Again, its not the end of the world, but you need a fuse and will have to get one. The fan runs regardless of temperature Have installed 3 of these puppies now and extremely happy with them. Over the years I’ve tried different suppliers and brands and the Renogy ones are bullet proof. Well built and easily power my off grid house. They take spikes in electrical start up easily, unlike others. The 3000w units give plenty of headway to 6000w peak. Great units and appreciate the quality and service.Other than that, I’m really happy with our Renogy Inverters. I bought the second one as I was happy with the first, and wanted the ability to run some larger appliances off our Dmax if we needed to. However, the Renogy inverter is set on a timer to run the fan, and it comes on regardless of whether you are running a 1500W appliance, or a 30W battery charger.

The 3000W Renogy Inverter in the camper is primarily used for the induction cooktop, and running our toaster and laptops. How much are the Renogy Inverters? EDIT: 6 months in, our 2000W inverter in the Dmax started to smell a bit like warm, smoky electronics, and despite not feeling warm externally at all and only drawing 1200W for our induction cooktop for about 10 minutes. Normally we’d only run it for a few minutes at a time, but on this occasion we were boiling potatoes, and it smelt pretty average. The bigger one is mounted in our Reconn R2 Hybrid Camper, and the 2000W one is in the Ute Canopy of our Isuzu Dmax. Both have been used considerably over the last few months, with us living out of our Camper full time on a Big Lap of Australia. 3000W Renogy Inverter in our Hybrid CamperSome time ago we did a major upgrade of our 12V electrics, in both our Isuzu Dmax and Reconn R2 Hybrid Caravan. Both received lithium batteries, new chargers and a Renogy Inverter each. UPS (AC priority switch) function: Transfers input power between battery supply & AC main within 50mS1000W2112000W4223000W632 The AC priority switch function enables the inverter automatically switch from the battery (DC) to the mains (AC) and vice versa whenever the utility company takes/loses power! Dollar for dollar, you won’t find another inverter on the market that is as cheap as the Renogy units, with the reputation that they have. I used this as part of a small solar system for my shed. The inverter came with nice cables and was well made. I tested the outputs with a meter and they were spot on with clean power.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment