276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (Nintendo Switch)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Peace of mind - Sleep better knowing that your gaming products can receive a one-time replacement for normal wear and tear issues. While it keeps a similar format, the third entry in the series is much larger in its scope and packs in a hefty visual upgrade to boot. Newcomers especially should make sure to concentrate during that first tutorial, talk to all of the monks around Candlekeep (who are there to teach you the ins and outs of the game and its systems), wander every inch of those early open world areas, hoover up every side quest you can find in the opening area and its surrounding forests, get your party members levelled up as much as you can before hitting your first proper test in the Iron Mines of Nashkel – and even after all that, prepare to save plenty and restart battles often. Voice acting is brilliant and Minsc will always be my favourite NCP as Jon Irenicus will always be my favourite antagonist.

Instead of trying to use a analog cursor to select specific units, you can create pre-made groups through the Party Control screen (mapped to left bumper for easy access).

All the content here is running on the updated Baldur’s Gate 2 version of the Infinity Engine and includes a host of quality of life changes, a bunch of new bug fixes, new characters, new difficulty levels (including a very fashionable story mode) and a user interface which has been cleaned up and is much more in-line with what you’ll find in more modern RPG titles. I’m not saying you shouldn’t play a Baldur’s Gate title in your lifetime; I just don't recommend you get it on Switch.

But do these golden oldies actually still hold up, and how do Beamdog's enhanced editions perform on Nintendo’s console? I first played it at the strappingly young age of seven, and I was immediately entranced by its world. Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure, and three new party members: The Calishite Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the Wild Mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard. These options continue into the story itself as you build your own character, select your party and take on the world however you see fit.Of course, this doesn’t mean that it’s not possible for the game to arrive on the Nintendo Switch at some point in the future.

I made my Paladin and stuck with him right to the end, regardless of how much I wanted to try Bard, or Mage etc. It was designed first and foremost as a PC game, and that’s where it will always play most efficiently. Players design a single character, and then build out a party of up to six adventurers while tackling the foulest demons ever to assault Faerûn’s Sword Coast.You’re in awe with Baldur’s Gate 3 and you want to know if it will ever be coming to Nintendo Switch. Many of you probably want to know whether or not there’s a Baldur’s Gate 3 Switch port, especially if you happen to be a DnD fan. It's like saying the people who prefer Super Marios World over New Super Mario Bros' Wii U are only doing it for nostalgic reasons.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is one of Larian Studios‘ most ambitious RPG titles, and many players are wondering whether it’s available on the Nintendo Switch.The wizard irenicus holds you captive in his stronghold, attempting to Strip you of the powers that are your Birthright. A PS5 release is slated for 6th September with Xbox Series X|S planning to get in on the dice-rolling action in the future. A ground up redesign of the UI, party member pathing improvements, including an instant teleport for anyone who gets stuck, area auto-looting (yes this is a new feature for this game), text size adjustments, everything that was needed for this game to work was done. That serendipitous mixture of swords, sorcery and subtle schemes across the sword coast stoked the flames of adventure in my once young heart.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment