276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Pregnant Stepmom

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Consequently, the whole thing left me with a hollow feeling. It felt terrible to know that I had played a role in hurting them so deeply. I tried to hide my sadness, but inwardly I was crushed.

First, I had mourn the fact that I couldn’t openly and freely delight in my pregnancy the way other mothers could. We may have left the coffee shop feeling defeated, but we didn’t lose all hope. In time, they would come around…at least we prayed. When it comes to my journey as a stepmom these last 11+ years, I’ve learned that honesty is the best way to break down the misconception that we are alone in facing the struggles that come from blended family life. Book a free 15-minute discovery call today! My husband and Ryan had always shared a close bond and Ryan wasn’t sure he liked the idea of competition.I had always possessed a maternal desire and had hoped for abigfamily. But when the day came to announce my first pregnancy, I wasn’t prepared to have to hide my joy like I was doing something wrong.

It said: "Where possible try to sit in the same place for meals. This could be in a high-chair or at a small table and chair. Sit with them so that they have company even if you are not eating too. But we weren’t out of the woods at home yet. A dark cloud had again settled over my stepdaughter when she found out she would be getting a baby sister.She wondered if my love for her would change once I had brought my own flesh and blood into the world. After seeing how sad all his children would be, Tom decided not to leave town for university. His place was there, with his beautiful brood of ‘little sisters’, plus a ‘brother’. He ended up getting a job nearby in an old folks’ home. I had waited a long time for this moment in my life. I wasn’t really willing to let anyone rain on my parade. Yet, I had to remember that our marriage didn’t just involve my husband and me. This is a really useful thread - I'm 15 weeks and have a DSS (10) who stays eow. My OH told him last week and apparently his response was 'so I'll be able to see it next week then!' which is slightly alarming for a nearly 11-yo who has two siblings from mum and stepdad but hey ho! With her past attention seeking behaviour, I was extremely suspicious about the timing but had more important things to concentrate on. Drunken conversation from someone let slip that she had made it all up, as she did not trust him spending time with my family.

Grab a copy of Heidi’s eBook about the resentment that can happen when adding an “ours baby” here! Step-family emotions can be so difficult to navigate.

Uncommon Knowledge

Things changed a little the following year. Now further on in school, Tom was old enough to start attracting some attention. He was getting older, and rapidly becoming handsome. Eating with children is an important part of family life. The Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children in the U.K., where the family is thought to be based, stresses that eating at table is beneficial. It was bad enough to be out in public with us when we shared the news because they had no place to escape. But the thought of their friends walking into the coffee shop and see their red eyes from crying instilled horror in them. As I re-folded each piece of baby clothes with care, I listened for the sound of my stepdaughter’s footsteps. Hearing them would mean hiding the piles again like I often did.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment