276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tommee Tippee Breast-Like Soother, Skin-Like Texture, Symmetrical Orthodontic Design, BPA-Free, 0-6m, Pack of 2 Dummies

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some research has shown that using a dummy to settle a baby to sleep can reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) (6,7). The cause and effect is unknown, and may be related to other protective factors. It is possible that a baby falling asleep with a dummy mimics babies falling asleep at the breast (8,9) Babies generally keep a dummy in the mouth for less than 15 minutes at sleep times (10)—similar to the time it takes a baby to breastfeed to sleep. When she was about 9 months old, i stopped giving her the dummy during the day; and distracted her from it. This was because i realised i was using it in the day when she got a bit grizzly, and i wondered if i was using it to help her, or because i simply couldnt take the grizzling and whining. I knew it was the latter, because by 9 months i could distract her and soothe her in other ways than resorting to the dummy- like playing with her, bathing her, or giving her food bits to nibble etc......I only used it for naps and bedtime. Huffington Post. (2015) 9 Ways to wean your baby off the dummy. Available at: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/14/9-ways-to-wean-your-baby-off-the-dummy_n_7336610.html [Accessed 19th September 2019] Keep trying as often as you can and give it some time. Your baby might be more receptive to feeding without the shield when they are less hungry or sleepy. Some continue to use a shield for the duration of their breastfeeding experience, but most are able to stop using the shield after only a short time if they wish to.

Tommee Tippee Breast-Like Soother, Skin-Like Texture

Meier et al, Nipple Shields for Preterm Infants: Effect on Milk Transfer and Duration of Breastfeeding, J Hum Lact, 2000 To feed from your breast, your baby must first open his mouth wide to latch on. Then he’ll need to use about 40 muscles in his face, which he’ll work constantly, to get his tummy full of milk (Sanches 2004).

Carbajal R et al., Analgesic effect of breast feeding in term neonates: randomised controlled trial, 2003 The size of shield you use is not the same size as the pump funnel you use. Shields are a closer fit. Many shops will only sell one size and you may have to shop online to get a wider selection. We believe in offering the most flexible solutions for expressing breast milk, which is why our electric breast pumps also come with the manual attachment, and are compatible with our full bottle range. NICE Clinical Guideline CG 37: Postnatal care: Postnatal care up to 8 weeks after birth National Collaborating

Dummies for babies: The pros, the cons and when to - GoodTo

Regardless of whether it affects breastfeeding, you and your baby can become over-attached to a dummy. It is easy to find yourself using it more and more and your toddler’s language and social development may be delayed. It is recommended that parents stop using a dummy once a baby is 6 months old. If you notice sore nipples or a shallow latch after introducing a pacifier, considerreturning to exclusive breastfeeding for a while paying careful attention to latch and position.

A nipple shield is a flexible silicone nipple that is worn over the mother’s own nipple during breastfeeding. Age range – Make sure the dummy you buy is suitable for your baby's age range. They often start at 0-6 months, 6-18 months and 18 months plus. Mattos-Graner RO et al., Relation of oral yeast infection in Brazilian infants and use of a pacifier, 2001

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment