276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ballroom Blitz: The escapist and romantic new novel from the nation’s favourite entertainer

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Huge apologies – I’m so sorry to be the bearer of such news, I know we’ve all been looking forward to the tour so much! Erin and I have recorded a special message for you in the video above – do please play it. Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke announces birth of twins". News & Star. 30 March 2017. Archived from the original on 14 June 2018 . Retrieved 31 March 2017. I love the author’s style of writing, I felt as though I was there in the ballroom, watching the dancing and at the other end of the scale, I could feel the fear of the unstable place that England was and the trepidation of the characters with the regular bombings. As the festive season approaches, life at the exclusive hotel is busier than ever, with guests arriving from around the world, seeking comfort, relaxation and refuge as tensions build across Europe and it looks like another war is imminent. Anton Du Beke to join Strictly judges for new series". BBC News. 24 June 2021 . Retrieved 24 June 2021.

Ask me anything you like!… I’ll be talking about my life, my career – the inner Anton – and I shall be doing it all with dance and with song. The hotel receives a new manager who is of ‘advancing years’, and the staff as a result have no confidence in his ability to steer them through these difficult times – particularly as families start evacuating and high society start fleeing the city.

Keep up!

In series fourteen, Du Beke was partnered with actress Lesley Joseph. They were eliminated in week five. In series fifteen in 2017, Du Beke was paired with television presenter Ruth Langsford. In 2018 Anton was partnered with Fashion Journalist Susannah Constantine. They finished last (the first time Du Beke had ever done this) with an average of 12.00 (Du Beke's lowest). For the 17th series, he was partnered with Emma Barton. In Week nine, Du Beke received his first 10s in all seventeen series for their American Smooth; the couple received a total of fifteen 10s during the series. They finished joint runners-up alongside Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden, but lost out to Kelvin Fletcher and Oti Mabuse. In 2020 Du Beke was partnered with former home secretary Jacqui Smith. They were eliminated in week two (first), Du Beke's second time finishing last. Du Beke has presented the BBC cookery show Step Up to the Plate. He served as a captain and from series 2 was the host on the UK version of Hole in the Wall, which premiered on 20 September 2008 on BBC One. On 24 December 2009, he appeared in Victoria Wood's Midlife Christmas, in a sketch called "Beyond The Marigolds", where he spoofed his Strictly Come Dancing role by being paired with fictional soap star "Bo Beaumont" (played by Julie Walters). Beaumont quit the show when unable to master Du Beke's warm up steps. [ citation needed]

I’ve never read any of the series so far (a mistake I intend to rectify stat! I loved this one so much, I immediately went out and bought the one set before this and am making my mission to get all the others in this series too!). Anton is sure an absolute natural writer and one where you effortlessly slip into the times and story he has created. It was a fantastically written historical fiction and I loved it from start to finish. One of our main characters is a handsome chap named Raymond de Guise: a professional demonstration dancer at the hotel – and definitely not based on the author at all(!) He has just married his sweetheart, hotel chambermaid Nancy but he feels it is his duty to fight for his country and enlist. Of course, these newlyweds are heartbroken to be separated. Du Beke was born in Sevenoaks, Kent, to a Hungarian father, Antal Xavier Beke [1](1939–2001), and a Spanish mother, Ascensión "Conchita" Lema. [2] He has two younger siblings, brother Stephen and his sister Veronica. [3] He attended Wildernesse School in Sevenoaks. [4] Du Beke has discussed his father's problems with alcoholism and revealed that he was stabbed by his father in the leg and stomach during a Boxing Day altercation at their home in Kent. [5] Jones, Catherine (8 August 2014). "Strictly star Anton Du Beke ready and waiting for Southport Flower Show – win a champagne tea with him!". Liverpool Echo. Strictly Come Dancing: Anton Du Beke apologises over racist term". The Guardian. 5 October 2009 . Retrieved 30 December 2020.

I do hope the author doesn’t stop at this book and writes more in this series as they are such good stories. a b c d "Anton Du Beke interviewed by Kent Life". Kent Life. 18 October 2010 . Retrieved 12 August 2014. McIntosh, Steven (2 August 2023). "Anton Du Beke: Strictly judge reveals he was stabbed by his father as a child". BBC News . Retrieved 3 August 2023. Well, my loves, I shall look forward to seeing you each weekend over the coming months, but in the meantime, keeeeep reading – ‘ We’ll Meet Again’ will soon be released, and I’d love to know what you think!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment