276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ceremonials

£3.485£6.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

During their North American tour, Florence and the Machine debuted " What the Water Gave Me" at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, California, on 12 June 2011. The following year at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards, Ceremonials received a nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album, and "Shake It Out" was nominated for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. The following day, Florence and the Machine appeared on the American sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live for the second time, performing "Shake It Out" and "No Light, No Light".

So what we get is Florence trying very hard to top the gargantuan drums and cascading harps and chest-thumping choruses of Lungs hits like "Cosmic Love" and "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)" on damn near every song. The band performed at the Los Angeles portion of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest, [33] which was broadcast live on 31 December on ABC.

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. They performed "Shake It Out" and "What the Water Gave Me" on the Canal+ show La Musicale in France on 18 November.

The tour included numerous performances at music festivals as that is Welch's favourite way to perform live. But Welch is perfectly capable of doing delicate too, as evidenced by the gorgeously textured lead single 'What the Water Gave Me' and 'Never Let Me Go,' while tracks like "Lover to Lover" are reminiscent of the Eurythmics at their most soulful.Billboard placed it at number eight on its list of the 10 Best Albums of 2011, noting that "Shake It Out" and "What the Water Gave Me" "possess an anthemic quality, but they're far from the only epic moments on the rock-tinged record, which finds Welch channeling avant-pop luminaries like Annie Lennox and Kate Bush. The standard edition of the album was entirely produced by Paul Epworth, who also worked prominently on the band's debut album Lungs (2009). In an interview with The Guardian, she described the album as "much bigger" and categorised its genre as "chamber soul", a mixture of chamber pop and soul. Sometimes in the space between the two albums some of the raw edge that you loved so much can get worn off, and songs can move at varying degrees towards the mainstream. And that's where many of these tracks will have the greatest chance to thrive-- in the open, with heads as far as one can see.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment