276°
Posted 20 hours ago

An Addicts Poem: A selection of poems written through addiction and recovery.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Neil Steinberg: I will. It does several things in the book. It comes after these lines of the Aeneid, and I want to read those first to put it in context. Not easy! In fact, negotiating this nightmare has been the hardest thing I have ever done. It takes daily practice of letting go, and accepting that I cannot change anyone else, addicted or not, but I can change me, and the way I deal with it all.

He knows what he does and who he is wrong. He recites and regurgitates excuses endlessly. He cries because he knows he is weak, he knows he must fix himself. I sit on the edge of myself with my fingers crossed hoping maybe, maybe he will set himself straight.The paramount aim of the work is to shed some light on the sinister shadow of drug addiction. To unveil to all and sundry, especially teenagers and the youths, the hazards of drug abuse and the vicious downward spiral that can be caused by it. Gazing at the town on a roof top, chugging down the tenth…no…twelfth beer of the night wondering how this all happened. This poem has touched my heart because my boyfriend decides to do coke when he is upset or something bothering him that he can't fight it to make it change. Hello, my name is DRUGS - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold. and if you need me, remember I'm easily found, I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door.

The passionate, yet dissolute yearning for that ever eluding ******* adrenaline. Pounding, Pounding, Pounding until the culmination of energy has come. Going to book stores, coffee shops just to have some peace of mind and a moment of silence to themselves so that can weave the tapestry of imaginative innovation. Writing their own versions of the same story, endless doors of perception, reading news papers and taking it with a grain of salt. Watching the news on TV with a hand full of salt. Searching for the real story so they can know if the world they all live in is actually safe.Baby my life is full of scars in my brain from smoking shards everyday getting harder everyday trying to barter everyday just to send you messages everyday in any way that I can. Weeping on and on for seemingly endless time frames of a dilapidated relationship that was so strained that a miniscule breeze could cause it to collapse but still clinging to every memory as if they were vital hieroglyphics depicting your very essence. Just as the euphoric experiences of all kinds of hard drugs differ significantly, so are their withdrawal symptoms. Despite their seeming surface unrelatedness, whichever hard drug it may be, the creation of an illegal and dangerous dependency in users is a common denominator.

If you have any honour, I’ll strip it away, You’ll lose all your hope and forget how to pray, I’ll leave you in darkness, while blindly you stare, I’ll reduce you to nothing and won’t even care. In my opinion, nothing we do that reinforces their poor choices does any good whatsoever, however much we wish otherwise or the effort we put in to try and make them change their attitude. He's a good man at heart, he works everyday morning to night, he such good man but he drinks and smokes and sniffs his lines and for some reason his answer is not good enough to my question why? He knows I don't like it so that when he does it he decides not to come home. These be the days his number doesn't ring through my phone.Select a quote that encapsulates the individual's spirit or outlook on life. This could be from a famous figure, spiritual text, or even something the deceased once said. Poems

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment