276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Naomi and Will's friendship ~ they know absolutely everything about the other person and are inseparable.

Still, it's an interesting concept and I would recommend this book to teens who are interested in angsty romance. Zevin is completely convincing on the intensity of early passion and the way it can evaporate in the rays of something new, and she has a light touch with the deceptively shallow anguish of adolescence. Her best friend, Will, with whom she co-edits the school yearbook, and Ace, her tennis-player boyfriend, seem like strangers. And the fact that it was so quickly swept under the rug once it was over really didnt sell me on the "love" either.Oddly, Naomi’s amnesia seems more gimmicky than the far more unconventional plot device in “Elsewhere. I'm considering that my reading experience may have been different if I had read the book instead of listening to it on Audible. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

A model attribution edit summary is Content in this edit is translated from the existing Japanese Wikipedia article at [[:ja:誰かが私にキスをした]]; see its history for attribution. You must provide copyright attribution in the edit summary accompanying your translation by providing an interlanguage link to the source of your translation.This film is recommended for everyone who wants to watch a drama with some comedy elements, and some subtle social commentary. Once in a while you come across a book that grabs your attention by its profound understanding of human nature and skillful characterization. Of course even if she was confused, it's only logical that she would stick to Yuji because that's the right thing to do. She finds out later that her dad admits to emotionally cheating on her mom the entire time, and he even says in his book, "it must have been exhausting to be my wife". She’d get all his inside jokes, and maybe he wouldn’t be so frustrated with her for forgetting things she can’t possibly remember.

Perhaps it wasn't important or necessary to put in, but in my opinion, if this was just to tell a story about a girl who lost her memory and of her getting it back, then I would have thought it would most certainly be important to slot in.She never would have met James, the boy with the questionable past and the even fuzzier future, who tells her he once wanted to kiss her. J. Fikry, Gabrielle Zevin's Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac is an imaginative YA novel all about love and second chances.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment