276°
Posted 20 hours ago

My Hygge Home: How to Make Home Your Happy Place

£9.495£18.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hygge is an overall feeling, so it’s important to add elements that soothe all of your senses – not just sight. Adding a chunky knitted blanket, or a faux fur throw pillow can add dimension and interesting elements to your space. The Ghost and Molly McGee episode "Ready, Set, Snow" sees Molly trying to get the most out of a snow day while her family and Libby stay inside to experience hygge. [28] Similar words [ edit ] Introducing ‘Sweet Treats’ by Little Greene: A Captivating Palette of 9 Delicious Colors October 7, 2023 McDonough, Megan (May 29, 2018). "Americans are obsessed with hygge". The Washington Post. Retrieved 17 April 2023. Declutter Let’s start off with the decluttering of your home, getting rid of all those things that no longer bring joy or comfort to your life. Once the difficult task of decluttering is done, start to organise your home from your kitchen to living room, think Marie Kondo style. We recommend starting with the room you spend most time in.

You can’t stay in your corner of the living room waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” - Winnie the Pooh It’s mid-November and I live in Newfoundland, Canada. Winter is right around the corner, and the Almanac’s predicting it’ll be a cold and snowy one. For most of my adult life, January, February, and March have been my least favourite months of the year. Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together. Hygge is the Danish word for ‘cosy’, and it’s what we’re all about here at ScS – making your home a place where you can relax and unwind, all year round.A simple way to add some calmness to your life is to eat a meal without looking at your phone. So many of us are guilty of eating lunch while scrolling on our phones or watching something on TV. And that can be fine in moderation! But once in a while, try eating while focusing entirely on your meal. You guessed it: Texture matters too. The right tactiles are so important when it comes to hygge interiors, since the lifestyle is all about how you emotionally feel, which is represented by what you physically feel with your home decor . Aim for a variety of textures (think: soft sherpa, warm knit, and rough wood) for a comforting and balanced feel in every room. Since it’s all about how you feel rather than just how it looks, think about what textures would feel best for you and add in a variety of elements: picture running your fingers run across a wood table, being wrapped in a linen blanket, or stepping across a fur rug.

Linnet, Jeppe Trolle (2010). " Interweavings – A cultural phenomenology of everyday consumption and social atmosphere within Danish middle-class families" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 23 September 2018 . Retrieved 18 October 2016. In Yiddish, the adjective היימיש ( heimish) conveys the sense of "familiar, homey, informal, cozy, warm". And there was STILL that obsession with candles, which the author plugged at every opportunity. To which I say, "Dude, I have cats. And I wouldn't even trust those curious little buggers around a single, heavily-supervised birthday candle, let alone a whole housefull of potential fire hazards." Not to mention that lighting candles, or anything that produces smoke and ash, in an enclosed space isn't really the healthiest thing one can do for their body. And since Good Health = Happiness, candles and their environmental fallout seems kind of counterproductive to the end goal. But if candles make the author happy... Hey who am I to judge. I probably have some happiness triggers that would cause him to scratch his head and make the WTF face. Replace bright white lights with warmer bulbs so they don’t give off as much glare when reading or working at the computer a b c Broyles, Addie. "HOME with HYGGE: Why Americans are Obsessed with Hygge and what we can Learn from Lagom." Austin American Statesman, 2018, ProQuest Central.

Want a Week's Worth of Healthy Trader Joe's Recipes?

Begin ik al wat in de kerstsfeer te komen? Mogelijks. Maar dat is helemaal oké want die sfeer dat kerst bij mij oproept is voor mij dan ook echt helemaal Hygge. Dit boek is vooral over wat je huis een thuis maakt. Of je nu miljoenen hebt of net een heel erg beperkt budget, dat gevoel, dat hygge-ding, dat kan je altijd creëren. No matter your budget (or room size!), you’ll be able to find a selection of candles that fits your space. You don’t need to dress up or wear anything fancy (unless you want to!), but if you have some cozy sweatpants and a cute sweater, you’ll be able to enjoy your space with the increased confidence that can come from wearing something you’re excited to put on! The concept of hygge is used to create a feeling of contentment and connection. It’s about being present and being able to enjoy the moment even if you’re not having a good day. Hygge ( / ˈ h( j) uː ɡ ə/, H(Y)OO-gə; Danish: [ˈhykə]; Norwegian: [ˈhŷɡːə]) is a word in Danish and Norwegian that describes a cosy, contented mood evoked by comfort and conviviality. As a cultural category with its sets of associated practices hygge has more or less the same meaning in both places and in both languages; [1] however, the emphasis on hygge as a core part of Danish culture is a recent phenomenon, dating to the late 20th century. In the 21st century, the concept has also been familiarized abroad.

Overall, this book makes us consider questions like “How do we create spaces and places that have an impact on our wellbeing?” And “Can we design for happiness?” I took many notes, and by the end, I had some answers to these questions and a plethora of ideas to incorporate into my own space. The average person spends ⅓ of their life either asleep or trying to fall asleep. That means most of us spend about 33 years total in bed! That means making sure everyone has their own space, but also that they feel like they belong together. Whilst rugs make great accents for rooms that need a bit more colour or pattern they’ll also help keep your feet warm during those winter months – in particular shaggy and sheepskin rugs.

You can add personal elements that evoke a cherished memory, a certain color scheme, or cozy blankets. You can also choose calming and peaceful activities to partake in within your home. Avoid too much plastics or acrylics. Think about an LP cover opposed to a plastic cover for a CD. Candle lights are a must and so is a subtle coloured plaid in pure wool or cashmere. Also consider soft rugs in tonal colours or with smooth patterns. Stieg, Cory (23 November 2019). "Why people are so obsessed with 'hygge,' the cozy Danish lifestyle movement". cnbc.com . Retrieved 29 July 2020. As the seasons change, we’ve been hearing a lot of talk about Hygge (it’s pronounced “hoo-guh” BTW). If you haven’t heard of the Danish and Norwegian concept, it’s a way of life or feeling of coziness, connection with loved ones, and pleasure. It’s not a decor style or self-care practice but rather an overall feeling of comfort, wellness, and contentment. There are many ways to adopt and embrace this Danish way of living, especially as the weather gets colder and we’re all looking for more “cozy” in our lives. But one of the biggest pieces of hygge is how you make your home environment for optimal health and happiness. Take a few notes from the Danish and make your home cozier and more inviting with these 10 ways to bring hygge into your home.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment